Weekly Meetings held Mondays 5:30-6:30 in Mac Correy D211
In 2010, the QHO Kingston Project was piloted in order to fulfill a demonstrated health need within our own community, Kingston, Ontario. The project operates throughout the school year in various classrooms and community settings within Kingston. QHO Kingston provides a needs-based curriculum focused on nutrition and
fitness, mental health, bullying, substance abuse, self-esteem & leadership in order to provide students with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make informed decisions throughout their lives.
- Established regular, weekly lessons in classrooms throughout Kingston
- Implemented successful “anonymous question” period in order to address important topics that students may find difficult to discuss in front of their peers
- Developed needs-based lessons focusing on nutrition & fitness, mental health, anti-smoking, anti-bullying and substance abuse
- Expand project by establishing new relationships with schools in the Limestone, Algonquin, and Lake Shore District School Boards
- Host community Outreach Days and Kingston-wide events to further encourage students to become healthy, active members of the Kingston community